Angénieux has announced a new range of zoom lenses at IBC 2016 in collaboration with Band Pro Film & Digital Inc., and Jebsen Industrial Technology Co. Ltd. The new lenses are under Angenieux Type EZ Series which are characterised as fast and light weight zoom lenses integrating an innovative modular design (Interchangeable Rear Optics IRO technology™) to cover S35 mm and larger image formats for cine and broadcast productions.
The lenses are named Angénieux Tpe EZ -1 and Angenieux Tpe EZ-2. Following are the specifications of both the lenses:
Angénieux Type EZ-1 :
- Standard zoom lens with a zoom factor of 3x
- Focal range and aperture set to 30-90mm F1.9/T2 if configured for S35mm cameras
- Lens become 45-135mm F2.8/T3 covering an image circle up to 46mm diagonal by exchanging the rear lens group
Angénieux Type EZ- 2 :
- Wide zoom lens with a zoom factor of 2.7x
- Focal range and aperture set to 15-40mm F 1.9/T2 if configured for S35mm cameras
- Lens become 22-60mm F2.8/T3 covering an image circle up to 46mm diagonal by exchanging the rear lens group
Both lenses are built in a full metal casing, with internal thermal drift compensation. As a result, it allows focus to maintain its consistency in situations where there is a temperature change. You can control Focus/ Zoom / T- stop due to wide rotation angle of the 3 control rings, which are industry standard. The lens size remains consistent across the zoom range because of internal focusing and zooming mechanism. The option to configure these lenses to support different imaging formats (S35 or FF/VistaVision) and different lens mounts ( PL, EF, or E) is quite easy.
You can get the in-depth details about both the lenses in the official website of Angénieux. You can also check out the video down bellow.