Filmmakers love those lenses which serve just more than being a lens. I guess ZEISS might just have that essence in their lenses to provide more to users than the usual lenses. The new ZEISS Lightweight Zoom LWZ.3 21-100 mm/T2.9-3.9 T* zoom lens (ZEISS LWZ.3) offers you superior image performance in any imaginable shooting situation. ZEISS assures the functionality of the lens whether you’re shooting a short film, TV movie, commercial, corporate video or TV drama, soap or high-end documentary under the most difficult conditions, it performs fine as its a powerful, handy and trustworthy companion on the front of your camera. You can learn about the lens more here.
The film CIRCLE was shot entirely on a Sony PXW FS7 in the space of three days and with a very small crew of four people using one single lens.
Special thanks to Cinematographer Adi Geissegger who showed us what can be achieved with the ZEISS LWZ.3 21-100mm.
- Covers Super 35mm / 31.1mm
- Focal length: 21 – 100 mm
- Aperture range: 2.9 to 22
- Aperture blades 11
- Lens element /Groups: 22 lenses/18 groups
- Close Focus: 0.8 m / 2’8″
- Rotation angle of focusing ring: (inf – MOD) 294°
- Zoom rotation angle: 100°
- Aperture rotation angle: 48°
- Front diameter: 114 mm / 4.49″
- Mounts PL, EF, E, MFT, F
- Length 226 mm / 8.9″
- Weight 2.0 kg / 4.4 lbs
- Price: $10,000
The new ZEISS LWZ.3 will be available in January 2017.
ZEISS has also announced the addition of three lenses to their Milvus line. They have added three new focal lengths of 15mm f/2.8, 18mm f/2.8, and 135mm f/2. The Milvus lenses from ZEISS will impress you with their constantly excellent image performance across all focal lengths – regardless of whether they are used for portrait, landscape, event or other types of photography. They are optimized for high-resolution DSLR cameras.You can visit their site for more input on Milvus line.
Features of ZEISS series:
Milvus 15mm f/2.8
- Super wide-angle lens with a field of view of 110 degrees
- 15 lens elements in 12 groups, including two aspheric lenses
- Removable lens shade
- 95-millimeter filter thread
Milvus 18mm f/2
- Compact super-wide angle lens
- 4 lens elements in 12 groups, including two aspheric elements
- Close-up distance of 0.25 meters, angular field of 99.9 degrees
Milvus 135mm f/2
- Fast telephoto lens
- 11 lens elements in eight groups
- Angular field is 18.7 degrees
Carl Zeiss Lenses – NEW Milvus lens family for DSLR